A Sign Of Declining British Influence?

Discussion in 'UK and World News' started by Joey Shabadoo, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo Regular Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42061028

Britain has lost it's seat on the International Court of Justice. Is this a sign of diminishing status or just a reflection of the growth of other countries?

Will this have a material effect on UK interests?

2. Jezza

Jezza Regular Member

No biggie. The ICJ is more of a talking shop anyhoo. Let the other countries take a turn.
    Our main focus needs to be on returning all judicial process to 'in house' - free of the odious ECJ.

3. Aitch

Aitch Member

Same with the European Banking Authority and the European Medicines Agency. Best leave all that fancy talking shop stuff to foreigners.

Jezza likes this.
  4. Jezza

Jezza Regular Member

Absolutely. Foreigners begin at Calais, let them see to their own households whilst we see to ours.
    :smile:

5. Big Andy

Big Andy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I really can't see that it will make much difference to anything, a bit of a non story.

6. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Regular Member

Bit more here
    Odd this bit "This meant the Indian candidate - Dalveer Bhandari - had to try his luck for a slot normally reserved for Europeans and in this case that meant challenging the UK."
    So India is now in Europe !

7. Nazz

Nazz Member

I wonder if a deal has been struck with India in the background, we will graciously step aside in return for?

8. Nazz

Nazz Member

I see the Chennai six have been released

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice