A Victory Or A Win?

Discussion in 'Society, Culture and Politics' started by classic33, May 8, 2018.

1. classic33

classic33 Well-Known Member

Would you count coming first with less than 13% of the available votes as a Victory or a Win?

With less than 25% of votes cast, in some places, last Thursday, would it be at best a hollow victory?

2. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

Not a victory in any sense of thre word. Just goes to show how little the electorate believe any of the candidates, or trust them and anything they say.

classic33 likes this.
  3. Big Andy

Big Andy Senior Member Staff Member

In terms of the 2 main parties last Thursday was a win for Labour and a loss for the Tories. However it was a bad win for labour and a good loss for the tories. A reversal from the last GE.

classic33 likes this.
  4. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

Mmm.....is your bias showing?

From record Labour councillors at the last election, to a further 3% increase when he ukip, natural tories, votes collapsed, and the tories picked these vote up......are you trying to blow smoke up ones rectum?

5. Big Andy

Big Andy Senior Member Staff Member

The only bias on show is yours.
    With where we are currently and the recent poor performance of government i would have expected the Tories to do much worse and Labour a lot better.

classic33 likes this.
  6. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

You didn't reply to my points.
    But then, I don't base my opinion on Tory dogma.
    And I don't believe in left and right.
    But I do believe in morality, integrity, honour, so I could never support Tory values.
    So the last council election being a huge victory for Labour, and this election still another increase of 3% ......what would you call that? Especially when UKIP vote collapsed.
    Aye....you ought to look at verifiable news!

Oooh, and I'm a member of the SNP party, and have no axe to grind regarding Labour, they too have been kicked out of Scotland. Both parties rely on the enforced and corrupt Tory top up system, as neither party would exist in Scotland.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  7. OP
    OP
    classic33

classic33 Well-Known Member

Odd, on a local level I'd expected the opposite. Especially in some labour held areas that are now having cutbacks to services increased.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-43836166

Welsh dragon likes this.
  8. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

The Zionist press and media helped vermin, to curtail a labour landslide, make up your own mind who this best fits, even those zionists in the Labour Party.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice