Adverts

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by Sonic Budgie, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Sonic Budgie

Sonic Budgie Active Member

Was there any answer about me seeing adverts?

2. IIP

IIP Guest

I got the impression from the beginning that these new sites will run ads unlike CC where I think it might have been a mistake in the long run to block ads for those that sign up to CC, as they are a viable revenue source, more of a once bitten twice shy and the ads are here to stay.

Sonic Budgie likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Sonic Budgie

Sonic Budgie Active Member

Well that's what I thought, but Welsh said elsewhere that she was under the impression that we wouldn't see adverts if we were signed in, which suggests that she doesn't. Maybe it's a mod benefit?

4. IIP

IIP Guest

it would be crazy to stop the ads and as much as I enjoyed the no adverts on CC, it made no financial sense in the long run, especially if you are trying to make money from the sites, anyway I not seen anything since signing up that indicated that there would be no adverts.

Sonic Budgie likes this.
  5. Big Andy

Big Andy Senior Member Staff Member

I see adverys too.
    As Irish says it wouldnt make sense to stop them.
    Most of my viewing is on my phone and they arent in any way obtrusive in fact I barely notice them.

Sonic Budgie likes this.
  6. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

I was just going by what was on CC. Rightly or maybe wrongly i assumed that ads wouldn't be seen. Maybe the site owner has changed things. It would make more sense as has been stated.

I still don't see any ads. I am using a tablet to access the site on. This is my go to thing to use.

Sonic Budgie likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice