Anyone been/going to church during the holiday?

Discussion in 'Religion, Faith and Spirituality' started by Pale Rider, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Active Member Staff Member

Attending a carol service used to be a regular occurrence in my family.

None of us are regular church goers, but a sing song at Christmas was bordering on enjoyable.

Not been for many years now.

Have you gone/are going to church this holiday season?

2. Big Andy

Big Andy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I try not to. Usual hatches, matches and despatches only for me.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  3. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

I used to like going to midnight mass at Christmas when i was a kid. It was quite exciting to be up at that hour and the church alwaus looked nice as well. But that was many decades ago and the older i get the less i want to go near a church. Birth's marriages and deaths for me as well.

4. classic33

classic33 Well-Known Member

Last Midnight Mass I went to, the local undertaker and staff carried me out off.

Don't think it'd count as a "despatch" though. Not been to another as they seem to have gone out of fashion. Evensong/Evening Mass having replaced them and the Dawn Mass.

5. Big Andy

Big Andy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I went to a midnight mass a couple of years ago when we had a Christmas at my sisters. It was just another Cjristmas repeat, always the same story. :whistle:

Welsh dragon and classic33 like this.
  6. Jezza

Jezza Regular Member

Yep, we went to our Nine Lessons & Carols service.
    Very nice too, the Parish Church was packed and there was mulled wine and mince pies in the Church Hall afterwards.
    Being CofE we tend not to 'do' religion apart from showing our faces at Christmas and Easter along with any rites of passage during the year. Usually funerals now, sadly.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice