Becoming a grandmother

Discussion in 'UK and World News' started by Welsh dragon, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

It seems that with all of the political stories on the BBC news, labours Angela Raynor beccoming a grandmother at the age of 37 is right up there in terms of political news.

Is this really newsworthy? Is this really what people want to read about?

2. Big Andy

Big Andy Senior Member Staff Member

Not newsworthy at all, I'm sure some will want to read it though. After all politicians are just a different form of celeb these days and there seems to be a large proportion of people out there interested in celebs.

For me it's "Someone I don't know has had a grandchild" I assume it happens on many occasions every day.

Nazz likes this.
  3. Jezza

Jezza Regular Member

"Politics is just show-business for ugly people."
    37's not over-young to become a grandma.
    Saw a sign surrounded by balloons in a council house front window once....
    "Happy 30th Nana."
    :smile:

4. Sonic Budgie

Sonic Budgie Active Member

Thanks for pointing that out. Is it relevant?

IIP likes this.
  5. Jezza

Jezza Regular Member

Errr, yep. It was a council house on the council estate where my sister lives.
    You'd not likely see similar in Barratt's new-build-semi window on a private estate now would you?
    Unless , of course, if it was a mixed development of homes for sale plus social housing, as is the current fashion in some areas.
    Anybody banging out kids at a very young age isn't likely to be saving up for a house deposit any time soon.

6. Sonic Budgie

Well, I congratulate you on your candour.
    I have some work to do, but have quoted and will reply properly later.

Jezza likes this.
  7. Sonic Budgie

To start with the correct answer to the question I asked you is no it is absolutely irrelevant unless you wish to make some crass generalisation about people in council houses.
    Why do you not think that someone in a Barratt new build could have kids at a young age? What specifically is it about the people that live in council houses that makes them more prone to teenage pregnancies in your mind?
    Giving you the benefit of the doubt that this did actually happen and isn't something you've made up in an attempt to snort derision at people, have you considered the reality of the maths for somebody to be a grandmother at 30?

Bromptonaut and IIP like this.
  8. Jezza

Jezza Regular Member

Read it and weep bro...
    https://www.fpa.org.uk/factsheets/teenage-pregnancy

9. Sonic Budgie

Which bit made you weep blud?

DarkMist likes this.
  10. Jezza

Jezza Regular Member

The demographics of teen pregnancies.

11. Sonic Budgie

Would you quote the specific part of the factsheet?

12. DarkMist

DarkMist Guest

Well if we are doing class prejudice. The Barratt house family would not be so common. You would spot them clinking crystalline toasting flutes of prosecco through their bespoke curtains.

13. Sonic Budgie

@Jezza I've waited for three days, any chance of getting an answer?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice