Discuss the move ...

Discussion in 'The Tearoom' started by Shaun, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaun

Shaun Guest

I realise there will be a mixture of responses to me moving political and religious debate to this new site, so this thread is open for any comments, suggestions or feedback that you feel may be useful to the new moderator team in developing Politics Debated for the benefit of the community.

PD will be member moderated and managed, so if you want to volunteer your free time and would like to be considered for a moderator post (and be involved in the initial set-up and development of the site), please put yourself forward via the Contact the Staff forum.

I will select a few volunteers at random to make up the initial moderator team and then step back and provide technical support and advice only, giving the team a chance to recruit others and develop the site in the interests of the membership.

Please note: I will not be involved in any moderation or management decisions once the team is in place, and should not be contacted regarding the running of the site; please address all queries to the moderator team using the Contact the Staff forum.

Thanks,
    Shaun

2. Baron Vlad Harkonenn

Baron Vlad Harkonenn Regular Member

It is nice, thank you Shaun.

Ashness likes this.
  3. Nazz

Nazz Member

It's simply change, some will like it, some will dislike it.

We all have to adapt to changing circumstances, some find it easier than others.

C'est la vie

Speicher and Ashness like this.
  4. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

Hello everyone. I don't know how much i will post on the new forum, but i hope it goes well Shaun. CC needed to be free of the politics part of the forum IMHO. Nice to see some faces that we are all familliar with.

pubrunner and Pale Rider like this.
  5. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Well-Known Member Staff Member

Wise words.

Seems to me Shaun was quite worried about the way politics was going on CC, so I expect he's relieved to have lanced that particular boil.

pubrunner and Welsh dragon like this.
  6. jhawk

jhawk Member

Ya'll know me from the previous Forum. I'm that British-Canadian fellow.

Speicher likes this.
  7. Bimble

Bimble Guest

Indeed and a great post here too. I like reading your posts. You seem very intelligent and informed.

8. jhawk

jhawk Member

Cheers, Bimble. I'm flattered. :smile: Looking forward to reading your posts, as I've not seen many of them on the previous forum, though I've not been super active there for awhile.

9. Sonic Budgie

Sonic Budgie Active Member

An animated discussion about moderation over on CC didn't really reach any conclusions. I would like to be the first to say however that I welcome our new overlord @classic33 Does anybody have any suggestions about moderation or taking the site forward?

10. Welsh dragon

I thought the only conclusion was that quite a lot of people visited the old political part of the forum, but very, very few actually posted there. As i understand it, about 400 members allegedly opted into that part of the forum, but probably only 40 or 50 actually post anything. Yet 90% of the moderation that takes places is as a result of the problems that that part of forum causes.

And of course they are complaining about the moderation, them not wanting or being willing to give it a go here, and anyone else and anywhere else on the forum. Very much like lord of the flies type talking. 28 or 29 pages of utter bollocks with priority being given on both sides to bringing up old arguements/slights. And they are complaining about the moderators, but are not willing to volunteer to do the job themselves.

One or two people have put their names forward, but as far as i know, no one has beem chosen yet, so i presume your comment about classic33 is some kind of joke.

Pale Rider likes this.
  11. Sonic Budgie

He asked if he could volunteer, was he joking?

12. Sonic Budgie

What was said was that people had been approached to volunteer, yet no one that was posting in that thread appeared to have been approached, odd. The expectation is that there will be people volunteering to moderate in this forum, I know it's early days yet, but it's not exactly bouncing here is it? Have you volunteered to moderate?

13. Welsh dragon

No he wasn't, but when was it announced that he was one of the new modedators? I must have missed it. I apologise if i did. Where was it announced? I'd like to congratulate him.

14. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Well-Known Member Staff Member

I think strictly what was said is over the years Shaun had approached people to moderate CycleChat, some had accepted, some declined.

My impression was Classic was being a bit off the wall, as he sometimes is.

The 'staff members' tab on here is still only showing Shaun, so it appears no one has been appointed yet.

Spinney likes this.
  15. Welsh dragon

I have not volunteered to moderate as A. I doubt i would be any good at it. The reason being that i do not tolerate idiots well and i speak my mind which is something people say they want from others, but in reality they don't. B. I am not that politically minded or motivated and feel that someone with far more knowledge should be given the job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice