1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting fit and losing weight.

Discussion in 'Sports and Recreation' started by Big Andy, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Big Andy

Big Andy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I have lost my mojo recently and have given myself a kick up the arse!

Back in June 2015 Wifey decided to join Slimming World (she didn't need to, shes very sexy and just the right amount of curves) and I went along too as I definitely did need to lose weight, at the time I was just a few pounds under 26 stone. (I'm 6'6" tall and an ex rugby player, weighed 18 st when I left school 30 years ago)

In the space of 12 months by following the SW plan and drastically increasing my exercise levels by using a fitbit, taking up running and cycling I managed to lose 7 stones, I didn't find it too hard either. August 2016 I has a spill on the bike and ended up with 3 cracked ribs which stopped me in my tracks. In the 18 mths or so since then Ive gone back up to 23 stone and just haven't been able to motivate myself to get back on track and I have no idea why. Cycled 3000 miles in 2018 but food is always my big weakness.

I thought I would start a progress thread here to hopefully help me stay motivated.

I'm looking forward to the better weather so I can get out and get some road miles in on the bike but started the 7 day Zwift trial yesterday and have done 2 50 minute turbo sessions to kick start incraesed exercise levels. Will upodate weight on Mondays. Aiming to lose 54lbs

Wish me luck.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Welsh dragon likes this.
  2. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

Good luck Andy. I also need some motivation. The weather here has been awful for what seems like months and getting out on my bike has been very hit and miss. I qute fancy taking up running as well. Hearing your progress might give me the kick up the arse that i need. :laugh:. I look forward to seeing how you get on. Good luck.

3. OP
    OP
    Big Andy

For running the Couch to 5k plan is excellent.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  4. Welsh dragon

Getting off the couch would be good. ^_^

5. OP
    OP
    Big Andy

Welsh dragon likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Big Andy

Welsh dragon likes this.
  7. Welsh dragon

8. OP
    OP
    Big Andy

End of week 1, 3lbs off so not too bad a start.

Managed 4 x 1 hour Zwift sessions this week. Will be nice to get out on the roads though.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  9. Welsh dragon

Well done Andy. I must admit, i am looking forward to getting out on my bike again. Been to long.

10. OP
    OP
    Big Andy

Another 3lbs off at yesterday mornings weigh in. Quite pleased so far!

Welsh dragon likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    Big Andy

Another 3lbs off this morning too! So far so good 9lb off so far!

Tough week ahead though, working away Thursday to Saturday and hotel breakfasts are my weakness. And hotel lunches and hotel dinners to be fair! :laugh::laugh:

12. Welsh dragon

Well done again. You will soon be a shadow of your former self, but walk away from the dinners.^_^

13. OP
    OP
    Big Andy

Have to try and pick sensible food choices.

I love toast with butter on, problem is the purpose of the toast is to stop the butter falling on the floor. We never get butter at home but it's there at hotels and even wrapped in nice neat packages too! Must resist!!!

Welsh dragon likes this.
  14. Welsh dragon

:laugh:.

15. OP
    OP
    Big Andy

1lb on this week, however im quite pleased with tjat considering i was away from Wednesay to Sunday with work, so meals out and hotel breakfasts. Didnt have a single piece of butter with toast underneath though. A first for me at hotel breakfastime.

Welsh dragon likes this.