Girlfriend of UkIP leader suspended.

Discussion in 'UK and World News' started by Welsh dragon, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

It seems that the girlfriend of the UkIP leader has been suspended from the party due to racist comments she made about Prince Harry's girlfriend.

I have to hold my hand up on this one and say i had no idea that UkIP even had a new leader.

I well and truly missed that one. Does this mean that the new UKIP leader will resign, and another new leader will be appointed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42679187

2. Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut Rohan Man

Not just the racism which she says has been taken out of context (though I can't think of a context in which remarks concerned would be acceptable). The girlfriend is young enough to be his daughter, 53 plays 25, which I suspect won't appeal to the traditionalist elders wing of UKIP.

It does though explain Farage's sudden advocacy of a second referendum; he's dog whistling his availability as party's returning saviour.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  3. OP
    OP
    Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

I did note here age. And of course as always, these comments have been taken out of context. I didn't realise that people of such a young age with such extreme views still exist. It does make you wonder where they get their views from.

4. Sonic Budgie

Sonic Budgie Active Member

I'm a little surprised at this, recent world events give an indication to the views of whole swathes of the population. Whilst not all down to people of a certain age and whilst not all down to extreme views you really do not need to look any further than Brexit, Trump and Le Pen to get a flavour. There weren't many people on zimmer frames in Charlottesville. As to where the views come from and where they grow, that's a little obvious too isn't it?

Bromptonaut likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice