Gladiators of the left.

Discussion in 'UK and World News' started by Baron Vlad Harkonenn, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Baron Vlad Harkonenn

Baron Vlad Harkonenn Regular Member

No apologies for the source, the fine and mighty Daily Mail, less wordy, boring and miserable than the Guardian. It would be interesting if this is reported by that dreary paper at all?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5173577/Feminist-kicked-Labour-Christmas-party.html

I, like many others are of the view of live and let live but.....

I think the joyless feminist hariden was rightly booted out

What I don't understand is why anyone under the Labour / left banner would hate anyone else who also falls under that same banner. I thought, from the incessant left'ist nannying over the last 20 or so years that it was only us right leaning types who did this sort of thing.

But there again, labour has not yet managed to have a female leader whereas the tories have had two. I know who I'd be affiliated to if I were a joyless feminist. Maybe if more feminists were they would be a lot less angsty.

2. pubrunner

pubrunner Regular Member

Quite right too, there's a time and place for everything and a Christmas Party wasn't it. :cheers:

It seems like an instance of 'over-reacting' all round . . . . . . . Lily Madigan (apparently) felt 'unsafe' (really ?) at the comments of Venice Allan.

In another brilliantly (un)newsworthy article, the Earl of Balfour has stated that his daughters might 'identify' as men, so that they can inherit his title . . . . . . . mind you, even as men, they'd look rather more attractive than does Lily Madigan as a woman. :whistle:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-law-let-girls-inherit-title-says-Earl.html

What seems particularly sad (IMO) is that in this day and age, some folk still consider titles to be important.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Baron Vlad Harkonenn likes this.
  3. Big Andy

Big Andy Senior Member Staff Member

If she was going around "campaigning" I think it's probably right she was booted out, if she was simply booted out for just being there it is a different matter altogether.

4. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Active Member Staff Member

I don't profess to understand the 'issues' involved.

But if she was booted out for what we might call in the North East shite patter, then well done to whoever did it.

Axe grinding is the last thing you want to listen to at a Christmas party.

pubrunner likes this.
  5. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

It doesn't sound as if she said anything at the party. She was simply there for the Cristmas party, and the person concerned "felt uncomfortable". This was because of comments and views that had been aired in the past.

Based on what was said in the newspaper, it seems grossly unfair that she was asked to leave. In those circumstances, if it was me that felt uncomfortable, then I would have left.

Pale Rider likes this.
  6. Pale Rider

Ah, gotcha.

One doesn't know the parties involved, but in that setting it's hard to see how the mere presence of an activist is likely to lead to any genuine bother.

As you say, if the other person felt uncomfortable - which looks like an over-reaction - it's really up to them to leave.

Or avoid that person.

I've done some avoiding at parties over the years.

pubrunner and Welsh dragon like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Baron Vlad Harkonenn

It is always funny when they eat their own.

Anyone less cynical would think that everyone affiliated to Labour would love each other with equally equal equality, tolerence and at the same time celebrating diversity or something. Those from the party at that party obviously didn't get the memo..... or let the mask slip.

Pale Rider and Welsh dragon like this.
  8. Pale Rider

There might be a bit more going on here than meets the eye.

The earl clearly wants his daughters to inherit, but that may be because he doesn't want his brother or the distant cousin to get their hands on whatever comes with his title.

Is there also a seat in the House of Lords at stake?

That's a handy sinecure, even if you are reduced to claiming expenses honestly.

Rules there have also changed, so there might not be a seat at stake, but I daresay there are other bits and pieces that come with being an earl apart from just the name.

9. Sonic Budgie

Sonic Budgie Active Member

I'd rather not click on that shoot if possible, any chance of a synopsis please?

10. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Regular Member

It doesn't sound as though it was a safe and welcoming space for Venice Allan.

11. OP
    OP
    Baron Vlad Harkonenn

Jump on in, the water is warm. But if you insist.....

Labour have appointed a transgender (male to female) person as a constituency Womens Officer, I don't know if she is a Petty Officer or any other type of officer.

Some Labour feminist harridan doesn't like this and thinks it is a betrayal of women and has been very vocal about it.

They both go to a Labour Christmas Party.

The transgender person felt uncomfortable in the presence of the feminist and the feminist was asked to leave.

No it doesn't and it makes me very confused indeed. A few observations;

1, We now know that labour types have no problem "no platforming" each other.

2, We now know that certain labour types are more equal than others and that is where the main confusion comes because I thought that they had to celebrate diversity, equality and tolerance. If they cannot even do that at a Christmas party, what hope is there.

3, We now know that there are equality rankings within the labour mindset. It seems that a feminist is of a lower rank than a transgender person.

4, We now know that feminists don't have to have blue hair to be really horrible.

5, We now know that labour are ever further away from who and what they should be and represent. They can even go full animal farm at a christmas party of all places.

6, But the really scary thing is that people don't care and there is a very real danger of them returning to power, along with all this nonsense, in the very near future.

12. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Regular Member

I thought we all should have worked that out from the Ashers Bakery and Chymorvah House Top Trumps cases. Homosexuality rights beat religious rights. It's all a bit Animal Farm, everyone is equal, only some are more equal than others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice