I'm a Celebrity

Discussion in 'Arts, Entertainment, Music, TV and Books' started by mr_cellophane, Nov 14, 2017.

1. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Regular Member

I see Mr Johnson Senior is to appear this year, although I expect most people on here wish it was Boris instead.

2. Sonic Budgie

Sonic Budgie Active Member

A quick tot up appears to suggest that there are 14 members on this forum, excluding mods and founders and including us. Who are the "most people on here" you are referring to?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  3. Ashness

Ashness Guest

Give it time.... most of the PC&A regulars are still busy throwing their toys out of the pram.

classic33 and Welsh dragon like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Regular Member

That will be just me then.

5. Sonic Budgie

And how do you see things panning out long term, for here and CC?

6. Ashness

Ashness Guest

Too soon to tell.
    CC should survive - it is a cycling forum, first and foremost.
    If some of the PC&A regulars decide to take their bats and balls home because they're not allowed to fight any more there, so be it. It will probably be less work for the moderators in the end.
    This forum is only a couple of clicks away...

7. Sonic Budgie

Most of the PC&A regulars are also CC regulars, do you think losing their cycling knowledge from the rest of the site is a price worth paying, and if the PC&A regulars don't come here, who does?

8. Ashness

Ashness Guest

Yes.

If no-one comes here, I guess it will close.
    I don't think this was opened to make more profit - see Shaun's post

9. Sonic Budgie

The elephant in the room is whether it has been done specifically to remove particular individuals from CC.

10. Ashness

Ashness Guest

No-one is being removed from CC though, are they?

They can flounce if they want. If they're mainly in CC for the politics, and they flounce, it'll be small loss to the site, IMO.

11. Sonic Budgie

No, no one is being removed, I think you know that I meant as a means to an end though.
    Who says they are mainly there for the politics? Some of the individuals that post regularly on the politics sub forum are also very active on the rest of the forum as well as being extremely active and experienced cyclists with a wealth of knowledge.

12. Ashness

Ashness Guest

If...
    If they are mainly there for the politics...

If they enjoy posting about cycling, why won't they continue to do so?

Are you saying they are so childish that having a place to argue taken away (or rather, moved to different venue - 'go next door instead of just the next room') will make them flounce from the whole site? That would indeed be throwing toys out of the pram.

13. Ashness

Ashness Guest

Hmm - throwing toys out of the pram, or attempting some kind of blackmail on Shaun to reopen it? We'll take our bat and ball home if you don't let us play here. Then see what will become of your cycling forum. You know, the one provided completely free of charge?

14. Sonic Budgie

Posting here is not the same as posting in the CC sub forum. That much is quite clear to me from the very short amount of time I've been giving it a go. It's nothing to do with being childish and throwing toys out of prams, it has everything to do with wanting an experience that ticks the boxes one would like to be ticked. If an individual has an interest in politics AND cycling and the forum they are using only provides one of those two then it makes absolute sense to have a look for one that provides both.

15. Sonic Budgie

Why do you keep making such silly references to throwing toys out of prams? It's about adults making a decision if they want to use something or not, it really is that simple. Whether it is free or not is immaterial. The question is whether this forum and perhaps more importantly CC will continue if a number of members decide that the service Shaun is offering does not suit them anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice