Is AI (Artifical Intelligence) a threat to humanity?

Discussion in 'Environment and Science' started by Jezza, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Jezza

Jezza Regular Member

If it is artificial then it is not intelligence.

2. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

I was watching a news snippet last week in which they were doing trial in either Finland or Sweden. A diverse group of people were chosen to take part in a trial. Every man and woman on the trial was given €560 euros every week regardless of whether they were employed or not. They they could all spend the money on whatever they wanted.

Some who were employed continued to work. Some who were unemployed chose not to do anything. Some were unemployed and decided to take up a hobby in the hope that it could lead to them being able to make a living from it. Some decided to take the opportunity to re train to do something else.

The trial is being conducted because the number of jobs available is gradually dropping due to robots being used more and more. It is believed that within the next few years fewer and fewer jobs will be done by humans.

This is neither a good thing or bad thing in my oppinion. Some will make the most of it, and some won't . If robots do do more and more it might not be something to be afraid of, but rather an opportunity.

I don't think robots are going to take over the world, but i do think a lot of things could change in the next few years. Watch this space as they say.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice