Is commercial television becoming unwatchable?

Discussion in 'Arts, Entertainment, Music, TV and Books' started by Pale Rider, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Active Member Staff Member

I'm finding the increasing interruption of programmes by adverts increasingly annoying.

At home, I have a recorder box and I routinely watch a programme on delay so I can fast forward the ads.

My brother's holiday lodge where I am spending Christmas has simple freeview.

I gave up watching an hour long drama last night due to so many ads.

Seems to me the newer channels have more ads than ITV 1, Channel 4, and Channel 5.

To be fair to Sky, which I have at home, they do show films uninterrupted.

What do you think of advertisements on television?

2. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

I hate the dam adverts. I got rid of sky because of the cost and to be honest i don't miss it. Due to where i live we can only watch TV if we have a box of some kind IE freesat, now or Amazon. I find that i am watching less and less TV in general. On now TV at least there are no interuptions in the films.

Freesat i hardly watch, and Amazon has some of the most obscure rubbish films that they are cringe worthy.

3. Big Andy

Big Andy Senior Member Staff Member

Rarely watch tv in the old fashioned way.
    Either recorded and skip the adverts or Netflix.

4. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

I have 2 series to watch. Game of thrones and series 4 of the Vikings neither which i seem to be able to muster enough enthusiasm to watch.

5. Jezza

Jezza Regular Member

The ad breaks seem even longer on some Satellite channels so we tend to record stuff and fast forward through commercial breaks. Christmas terrestrial viewing stats in today's paper showed BBC progs more popular than all but two commercial TV progs.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice