Is the EU begining to unravel?

Discussion in 'Society, Culture and Politics' started by Welsh dragon, May 30, 2018.

1. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

It seems all is not well with the EU. What with Brexit, and now Italy is in crisis due to the argueing of politcal leaders over who to nominate or not, and whether to keep the euro or not what happens next in Italy?

It seems that the EU can look forward to more and more problems hitting them. The countries that are part of the EU are no longer willing to just go along with what the big boys want. This as far as i can see is no bad thing. It is about time countries in the EU are taking back control of their own countries, and politics.

I wonder what next for Italy. Any guesses? I can forsee Italy leaving the Euro. No doubt this will make some unhappy.

Seems the financial markets are also taking a hit as well as a result of the problems in Italy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44287455

2. Big Andy

Big Andy Senior Member Staff Member

I have a feeling that it has slowly been unravelling for the last 10-15 years and will continue to do so. In it's current guise it is deeply flawed.

classic33 and Welsh dragon like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

They do seem to be experiencing signifigent problems. It will be interesting to see what happens in both Italy and other EU countries over the next few weeks.

4. classic33

classic33 Senior Member

Italy was re-printing Lira five tears after the euro was introduced. Sweden wants to leave as does Cyprus(but can't afford to). Ireland may be the next one to announce it wants to leave.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice