Jeremy Corbyn has questions to answer?

Discussion in 'Society, Culture and Politics' started by Welsh dragon, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

2. Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut Rohan Man

Storm in a teacup. The right wing tax exiles who own The Telegraph using the Conservative views of a retired public servant to further their agenda.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  3. classic33

classic33 Senior Member

David Cameron just happens to be a direct descendent of King William IV. This makes him fifth-cousins with Queen Elizabeth II.

Samantha Cameron is 11th cousins with Queen Elizabeth II. She’s also a descendent of King Charles II and a distant cousin of Diana, Princess of Wales.

Meaning that through their common descent from James I, David and Samantha Cameron are distant cousins with each other (David via William IV and Samantha via Charles II).

4. classic33

classic33 Senior Member

The City OF London isn't part of the UK.
    It has the only Police force where officers are not required to take an oath to the monarch.
    Scottish Law acknowledges her as Queen Elizabeth I of Scotland, and Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
    The law is dated from 1707, signed by the last Scottish King.

You can trace her lineage back to Caeser, following what you've posted.

In most countries, it's the male that succeeds. Unless there are no males, then it goes to the females.

5. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Regular Member

JC never answers the question he has been asked. He is nearly as slippery as Abbott.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  6. Big Andy

Big Andy Senior Member Staff Member

A bit unfair suggesting Abbott is slippery. She just never seems to know the answers. :rolleyes:

classic33 and Welsh dragon like this.
  7. Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut Rohan Man

Show me a politician who does answer the question been asked!!

Welsh dragon likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Welsh dragon

Your not wrong there. I think they all have to take classes on "how to answer a question with a completely meaningless load of utter crap nonsense".

9. OP
    OP
    Welsh dragon

I don't expect an intelligent person to be shallow, i would like them to answer a dam question though. That seems to be an impossible task for all of them. ^_^

10. Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut Rohan Man

I entirely get that. Immediately after his election as leader the question arose as to how, as a republican, Jeremy Corbyn would act when meeting the Queen i.e. would he kiss her hand on accession to the Privy Council. He said he'd think about it only to be pressed again and again, by a senior BBC correspondent for the yes/no answer which would be (a) newsworthy either way and (b) would advance her career as person who got the story. Minutes when he could have been asked about policy or the party's future wasted on a line of questioning that lead nowhere.

OTOH they really should answer straight question. Boris Johnson was asked, during the referendum, about effect of a no vote on UK Irish border. Instead of addressing the question he went off on a complete tangent about another border, one in former Yugoslavia, where the EU had (allegedly) been derelict and incompetent. There's NO excuse for that sort of thing.

11. classic33

classic33 Senior Member

That might be why the American backed Channel 4 was launched in 1982!

12. classic33

classic33 Senior Member

For epilepsy and cancer, since you asked. I've never found it funny that a person attempts to make a joke out of a disabilty.
    It's something that is now illegal in the United Kingdom, and has been covered by UK law since 1996.

I've never used the fact that I am on them as an excuse for anything.

13. classic33

classic33 Senior Member

Don't assume would be a very simple way round making such statements. You don't know race, creed or colour either. Would not knowing those allow you to make a similar "joke" on those?

I'll repeat what I said, I've never used either the conditions or the fact that medication is being taken to try to control them, as an excuse. Don't make another assumption that you now have free reign to do anything/say anything for me because of that. I know plenty of folk that feel uneasy just talking about either, usually because they feel they'll be met with comments just like yours to me.

I'm not the one making excuses here, consider that fact!
    Then maybe you'll answer the questions asked of you, with your own answers, not those of someone else.

Edited to add,
    There is no "if so". Statement made is a fact.
    You can either believe fact or ignore fact. Don't use what I have to back up anything you say, you do not have that right.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  14. classic33

classic33 Senior Member

All are now copvered by the same law. Take another look at yourself, then answer.

You stoop to petty insults, again, a sign of someone who cannot answer the questions asked of them.

Bromptonaut and Big Andy like this.
  15. Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut Rohan Man

American backed? It was at launch, and remains, a UK public corporation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice