Maintaining cosmetic surgery results

Discussion in 'The Tearoom' started by butterfly, Jul 19, 2018.

1. butterfly

butterfly New Member

Hi,

Has anyone here undergone a cosmetic surgery procedure? If so, how do you maintain it?

I came across this article the other day, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/blog/cosmetic-surgery/5-tips-maintaining-cosmetic-surgery-results/, and found it very interesting. It is said that you need to maintain some tips to not have any trouble and look great .

It is very important to keep your habits healthy, like staying away from alcohol and tobacco. . Maintaining a healthy weight is important following a surgical procedure because if you gain weight, your skin will stretch and you’ll lose the beautiful contours you had post-surgery. It is also important to eat right. Also, there are procedures available, such as laser skin treatments or a non-surgical facelift, that can be used to further enhance your results.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  2. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

I read somewhere that when you say have a face lift, it might last 10 years before gravity takes over and you have to have it done again. Then if you have it done a second time, it will only last 5 years, and after a 3rd time the skin will be so thin that there won't be anymore stretch in the skin and it will look too stretched and almost transparent.

I suppose the old saying "nothing lasts forever" is true even where cosmetic surgery is concerned.

3. Welsh dragon

I have no idea how and what you should do after cosmetic surgery. I daresay it depends on what part of the body you have done. But i should imagine that say a face lift, you should use a good moisteriser every day to try to keep the skin supple.

The great god google or youtube tends to be the place where all roads lead to for just about everything. ^_^

4. OP
    OP
    butterfly

butterfly New Member

5. Welsh dragon

Are you thinking of having cosmetic surgery?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice