Mutiple logins

Discussion in 'The Tearoom' started by Sonic Budgie, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Sonic Budgie

Sonic Budgie Active Member

There are some odd posting patterns on this board at times. Some threads feel as though you're watching one person talking to themselves. One poster has started 10 threads, the vast majority of which do not offer an opinion but rather ask some general questions about the subject matter. For some reason despite having started 10 threads on topics you would assume they have an interest in they have failed to post again in 6 of them. It smacks of individuals having multiple logins in order to make the forum look busier than it is. What steps are taken to prevent and tackle the use of sock puppets?

2. IIP

IIP Guest

I thought their post in grow or wither thread was interesting, short and to the point but it didn't fit the poster or the threads they have started and I would of expected a fuller answer to the question.

Sonic Budgie likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Sonic Budgie

Yes, I noticed that too. I don't think they're the only one, but they're the most obvious so far.

IIP likes this.
  4. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

Which user are you talking about.

Roger_the_Lodger likes this.
  5. IIP

IIP Guest

if I was a sock puppet my alter ego would be rude, confrontational, opinionated unlike the valued and highly respected member of P.D that I am.

6. OP
    OP
    Sonic Budgie

It would appear that Irish knows who I'm specifically referring to despite the fact that Irish is not my sock puppet, nor I his and I can assure you we have not been in contact about it, this suggests to me it's rather obvious. However, I would rather not name names and I don't think they're the only one, they're just the worst one because they're so blatant. The question was what steps are being taken to prevent and tackle it?

IIP likes this.
  7. Welsh dragon

If you are not prepared to name the user, then threads like this should not be started. If you have usernames of people you think are doing this, then say so. Making allegations but then not wanting to name names is neither helpful nor wanted.

Name the people, then we can have it looked into.

classic33 likes this.
  8. IIP

IIP Guest

but isn't that making it personal, something which has been rammed down our throats that we are not to do....

9. OP
    OP
    Sonic Budgie

It is helpful. One of your jobs as a mod is to look out for this type of thing, if you haven't seen it then I am helping you by pointing it out, but I'm not going to do your job for you. As for not wanted, I could only see that being the case it was one the mods themselves.

IIP likes this.
  10. Welsh dragon

No it isn't. You want something done, but are not prepared to say who it is you think has multiple login ins. Making allegstions then aaying nothing is meaningless.

Unless you are prepared to say who you think it responsible, then i won't do anything about it. As there are nearly 60 members, and looking at everyone would be a waste of time, if you have a specific person in mind.

11. IIP

IIP Guest

my first thought that it was a mod or a friend, relative of a mod but didn't want to make the accusation as don't need the grief.

12. Welsh dragon

I take it you think it is me?

As for it being our job, it isn't in fact. It is something that the site owner would do.

13. IIP

IIP Guest

very aggressive for a thread exploring the possibility of sock puppets.

14. OP
    OP
    Sonic Budgie

Ooooo, a meat puppet, very posh.

IIP likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    Sonic Budgie

That's a rather odd and defensive thing to say. You're not the only mod so why have you pointed the finger at yourself?

Get him on it then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice