Nigel Farage

Discussion in 'Society, Culture and Politics' started by Sonic Budgie, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Sonic Budgie

Sonic Budgie Active Member

Nigel Farage took the time to defend Donald Trump retweeting on Andrew Marr yesterday, he trotted out the bad on both sides argument for Charlottesville and boasted with a straight face about the votes that his former party had taken from the BNP. The amount of airtime given to this racist is out of all proportion to the position he now holds, he is the Katie Hopkins of politics, trotted out for his shock value.

2. Baron Vlad Harkonenn

Baron Vlad Harkonenn Regular Member

It is all subjective. Isn't getting people to move away from the BNP a good thing?

I think he is a national treasure.

He has a nightly show show on LBC which is well worth a listen.

And it could easily be argued that Katie is also a national treasure.

Jezza and Cognitio like this.
  3. Big Andy

Big Andy Senior Member Staff Member

Hmmm
    Not sure I would go with National Treasure although for those that wanted us out of the EU I can understand the sentiment I suppose.

Would love to hear the argument for Hopkins being a national treasure though. I struggle to see her as anything but a national embarassment.

pubrunner and Welsh dragon like this.
  4. IIP

IIP Guest

Nigel Farage gets away with his racist, xenophobia views because he is better educated and speaks better than the average working class BNP member, so he is the darling of the middle classes, the man feeds into the mind set of the weak, with their poor politicial knowledge and understanding of what is actually happening, they feed frenzy on his rhetoric, the middle classes are the sheep of society and Farage was their perfect shepard.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Bromptonaut and Sonic Budgie like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Sonic Budgie

That rather depends on why they're moving. My suspicion is that many people voted for UKIP as a more acceptable face of racism than the BNP and they thought their vote would be more likely to count.

I looked up the definition of national treasure in case it meant something I didn't realise.

an artefact, institution, or public figure regarded as being emblematic of a nation's cultural heritage or identity.

You didn't challenge me calling Farage a racist so if you honestly believe he is a national treasure it really doesn't say much about the UK.
    I can't even be bothered addressing the Katie Hopkins comment.

6. IIP

IIP Guest

for some Farage is the man in the mirror.

7. Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo Regular Member

Looking on the plus side, he's done more for a United Ireland than
    any number of murdering thugs in balaclavas. They'll probably put up statues of him in Dublin.

8. IIP

IIP Guest

no they won't that just idiotical.
    and lets not forget the murdering thugs in battle fatigues, difficult to have one without the other.

9. Baron Vlad Harkonenn

Expressing concerns about un-controlled immigration is not racist.

10. IIP

IIP Guest

yes it is when its not true but we all know that, although some believe everything they are told as long as it fits their racist, xenophobia views.
    un-controlled immigration, please the only thing un-controlled is the stupidity of the sheep of society.

Sonic Budgie likes this.
  11. Getting people away from the BNP would be ok if they then stopped being racist. Nigel Farage legitimized racism. That's a bad thing.

Un-controlled immigration doesn't exist.

IIP and Sonic Budgie like this.
  12. Baron Vlad Harkonenn

Again, it is not racist to have concerns.

Labelling everyone who has those concerns and effectively silencing them creates a vacuum, a vacuum for entities like Britain First to flourish. The PC everything and everyone is racist narrative stiffles free and open discussion about such issues because, you've guessed it, anyone who dares to question things is straight away labelled a racist, when they are probably not.

The really scary thing is that the term has been so over used, people do not care (about being falsely labelled) and are insensitive to it. That again creates a vacuum for those who really racist to flourish as the term has lost its gravity and meaning.

13. IIP

IIP Guest

it stiffles nothing, and its not a concern when someone states Un-controlled immigration, thats the foundation that racist rhetoric is built on, you are making excuses hoping to be allowed to repeat lies without being challenged, at the end of the day racists say racists things.

Sonic Budgie and One-eyed Jack like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Sonic Budgie

I would argue that anyone prepared to do this;
    3559398900000578-0-image-a-1_1466076152222.jpg
    is questionable at best.
    The message here is clearly designed not to target immigration but immigation by race, with an underlying suggestion of religion. Even if Farage himself was not racist he is clearly attempting to appeal to racists and in my opinion anybody that is prepared to appeal to racists is at best lacking in moral fibre.

IIP likes this.
  15. pubrunner

pubrunner Regular Member

You might be shocked to know, I think that this is a very good comment . . . . . . . and I fully agree with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice