Payment Protection Insurance

Discussion in 'Money and Personal Finance' started by classic33, Apr 23, 2018.

1. classic33

classic33 Well-Known Member

Anyone made a claim for this. If you have, how easy was it and was it worth actually doing. Not after amounts claimed back, just whether you feel what you got was worth the work put into it?

2. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

I have been pestered like most people to claim PPI. To be honest i am sick and tired of it all and can't wait for the closing date so i won't have to put up with stupid telephone calls.

I don't know anyone who has claimed, but if you go through a third party, then of course you won't get as much as they will get a chunk. I suppose the advantage is that they do all the work, so it is an easy option for people.

3. OP
    OP
    classic33

classic33 Well-Known Member

Never even a call to try and claim, let alone been pestered.

4. Highlander

Highlander Regular Member

PPI, is worthwhile applying if you have had a mortgage or credit card or a loan, or run a business with credit facilities.

Martin Lewis explains how to claim, and how to complete forms.

I know one gentleman who received over £26,000.00 following this advice.

Had he gone through one of the many companies, he would of receive about £16,000.00.
    They the companies take 20% plus vat, plus other charges.

5. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

I knew that they took a percentage of course, but that is a stupid amount to hand over to a third party.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice