Rebrand

Discussion in 'The Tearoom' started by Sonic Budgie, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Sonic Budgie

Sonic Budgie Active Member

What's the skinny with the rebrand then?

2. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

I don't understand the meaning of skinny, however i assume you are just asking about the change of name and direction of the forum. The name of the forum probably wasn't the best or the most inspiring and would only appeal to a small percentage of people. A lot of people would see the name and shy away from the topic, so it was decided to give the forum another and hopefully better name.

We have also opened the subjects that are on offer, and as and when others are needed or warranted, or people request them because they would be popular, then we will do what we can to add them to the list.

No forum can survive or attract members based soley on politics. Even dedicated politics forums have a wide and extensive range of other topics on offer. That is the reason for adding other topics. Politics will still be a subject to be discussed, we are simply trying to open the forum to a broader audience. We hope that the changes will encourage more people to join the forum and to take part in the discussions on offer.

classic33 and Big Andy like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Sonic Budgie

What is being done to encourage new membership?
    What is being done to encourage discussion? One member that has had multiple threads deleted, multiple posts deleted, received a thread ban and a 30 day forum ban staggeringly still has the second most posts. The member that is currently in 5th, (which is a little odd as I could have sworn they were 3rd a day or so ago, maybe some extra pruning has gone on) has also had multiple posts deleted and received a forum ban.
    If I may say so Welsh Dragon, aside from yourself there seems to be little interest from the other staff members to make any effort.

4. Big Andy

Big Andy Well-Known Member Staff Member

Its a new start. We're moving forwards no need to drag up the past.

classic33 likes this.
  5. Welsh dragon

As part of the move round/clean up, a number of deleted threads have been moved into the moderators part of the forum. The forum looks better, but as a result some posts may have been deleted from posters as well (including mods posts). I do not know this for certain though.

As for encouraging new members, hopefully with a change of name to a more friendly open forum, and broader subject matter, we hope more people will see the new forum on google and come and have a look and join. Advertising the new forum will not be done on any sister sites, as this is a stand alone forum.

And with new members and a more laid back attitude, we also hope that the more people that join, the more discussion will take place and in turm encourage even more discussion.

The forum has changed quite a lot in the last few hours, and bringing up arguements and disagreements that happened on the previous forum isn't something that will be discussed as they serve no purpose, quite the opposite in fact and any modding decissions will also not be discussed .

As for not many people starting threads of joining in, we do hope that with more people joining, they will be emcouraged to start threads thereby encouraging more members to join in.

This is a new forum, new name, new subjects to be discussed and we hope more people join the forum.

pubrunner and Sonic Budgie like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Sonic Budgie

New name and extra topics, so a bit of a polish. What else has changed?

7. Big Andy

How about negativity getting left at the door?

classic33 likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Sonic Budgie

I think it's reasonable to ask what changes have been made to encourage discussion when previously two of the most frequent posters were systematically discouraged from posting. Fresh starts usually succeed if we can learn from past mistakes, I think it's relevant.

9. OP
    OP
    Sonic Budgie

Who's being negative? Are we heading off down the old road again?
    Some changes are of course obvious, new name, new layout. Welsh mentioned a more laid back attitude and suggested there had been a number of changes, I'm just asking what these are.

10. Welsh dragon

Hopefully wth more and different subjects that can be discussed, we can all learn to relax a bit, not take some things too seriously. Having a forum dedicated to just politics can be very intense. Being mods for the first time was also a steep learning curve and more tolerance by everyone may well have made a differance at the start of the forum. That is something i think we should all consider as things progress. I hope so anyway.

Sonic Budgie likes this.
  11. Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil Member

12. Welsh dragon

Rickshaw Phil likes this.
  13. Big Andy

14. Welsh dragon

Good idea. :okay:

classic33 and Big Andy like this.
  15. OP
    OP
    Sonic Budgie

Not been on for about 6 weeks or so, how's it been going?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice