1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should there be more or less privatisation of the NHS?

Discussion in 'Society, Culture and Politics' started by DarkMist, Nov 24, 2017.

?

Should there be more or less privatisation of the NHS?

1. More

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Less

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. DarkMist

DarkMist Guest

Successive governments have continued to privatise the NHS. Does it offer better value for money or cost more than bringing the services in-house would? If it is cost effective, should there be more of it? And do you think we'll ever see a time where the vast majority of NHS services are handled by private companies?

2. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

I hope it doesn't happen, but i fear gradually bit by bit that is exactly what will happen, or maybe we will have a complete 2 tier system where private health care will pay or go towards paying for the health care of the less well off.

Will it will be same old "those who have the most" will receive the best care while those without have to make do is a real possibility.

Maybe the government should take a look at countries whose health care system works, find out why it works, and implement some of their systems. That way, maybe a private health care system won't be needed.

3. Big Andy

Big Andy Well-Known Member Staff Member

Havent voted because its not as black and white as that.
    Firstly I think the NHS works brilliantly well. Could it be better? Of course but its all down to money.

Should more be privatised or not. I must say I have no strong feelings about that. Whatever gives the best value for money is what should happen.

4. Jezza

Jezza Regular Member

A qualified 'more' from me.
    Some NHS services would work better and be cheaper if privatised.
    Audiology for one, payroll for another plus staff development and most HR functions.