Sorting out the guest list

Discussion in 'UK and World News' started by Pale Rider, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Well-Known Member Staff Member

My limited experience of weddings suggests there is often robust discussions between the couple over the guest list.

It appears Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are not immune, except in their case the pressure comes from high places and the people involved are big hitters.

They, apparently, wish to invite the Obamas.

Diplomats at the Foreign Office are less than keen because inviting the previous president of the USA might upset the current one.

Obvious answer to me is to invite both of them, although that may be over simplifying it because it's a Buckingham Palace/Royal Family job, meaning Obama's invite would be on the basis of his friendship with the couple, rather than on the basis of his former position.

Trump may not be on the guest list simply because Harry and Meghan don't know him.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/prince-harry-urged-not-invite-obamas-royal-wedding/

2. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

Tricky. Just goes to show that even at weddings politics plays a part.

3. Welsh dragon

In the news today President Trump has said he is not aware of any wedding invitation to Prince Harry and Meghan Markles wedding. So that will solve the problem of who to invite i think. :smile:

4. Welsh dragon

5. Welsh dragon

6. Welsh dragon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice