The abortion vote in Ireland.

Discussion in 'Society, Culture and Politics' started by Welsh dragon, May 25, 2018.

1. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

Today is the day that the Irish people go to the polls to vote for or against repealing of the abortion law in Ireland.

It looks like the result is going to be very close indeed. Irish citizens living in other countries have also made the journey back to Ireland to vote on this very important subject.

I for one hope that the vote is in favour of abortion becoming lawful in Ireland. For too long wome have had to travel to England because abortions are illegal in their own country. Women should always have the right to decide what to do in these cases IMHO.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/25/close-result-expected-in-irelands-abortion-referendum

2. Highlander

Highlander Regular Member

Close call? Sorry as I cannot uphold the murder of children, I consider abortion a horrific disgusting practice.

But I can fully understand your acceptance of such barbaric practices.

This is my opinion.

If a woman owns a house, rents it out, the tennant has the legal right to tenancy until such time as the lease ends!

But using your analogy, you, being a woman has the right regardless of legality! That is a typical feminist point of view, bigotry.

Aye, I fully understand your logic!

3. Highlander

I detest feminists and there selfishness and greed.

Have a nice day...... I cannot support the use of aborted feteus for cosmetic purposes regardless how much money can be made!

4. OP
    OP
    Welsh dragon

Nothing to do with feminists. There was a heartbreaking story of a woman who went to england because of the horrific brain damage caused by a genetic abnormality to her child. Should a woman be forced to have a baby under those circumstances. Maybe if those men who hate abortions so much were the ones who had to bear them, then their attitude would be different.

classic33 likes this.
  5. Highlander

For crying out loud.....you take the biscuit, you really do!
    Trying to justify mass murder because of one heartbreaking story, which today, in Ireland is taken care of in law, and by doctors.
    It has everything to do with feminists and fools following they're nonsense and propaganda.
    Just the excuse you have just regurgitated. Justifying a genocide on a grain of sand!
    Another silly remark, millions of years of humanity makes women have babies, men cannot regardless of your wish to transpose your excuses to justify your wish to murder children.
    I suppose if a woman wants an abortion she should be sterilised as an unfit mother, you wouldn't accept? Please let me know, your statement of this pearl!
    I would love to hear how she,one moment she can and has the right to exterminate a child, and the next she is a fit mother! I'm dying to hear the feminist hypocrisy!

6. OP
    OP
    Welsh dragon

I feel sorry for you. I really am not sure if these are your beliefs or if you are spouting this stuff just to get a reaction.

classic33 likes this.
  7. classic33

classic33 Well-Known Member

I think the yes vote will win this time. The population as a whole is younger than when the last vote took place.

It may just avoid back street "surgeries" where such practices are carried out.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Welsh dragon

I agree with what you have said. I also think the scandals that have hit Ireland over the last few years regarding paedophile priests, and the allegations surrounding certain orders of nuns who ran homes for single mothers won't help the cause of the anti abortionists.

9. classic33

classic33 Well-Known Member

Last time the yes campaign were fighting themselves. They ran an advert showing just how easy it could be to get an abortion. This time, they may not do the same.

There is also the case of where one woman died after becoming pregnant, not her fault & a few weeks in hospital after her attack. She wasn't allowed the abortion she knew could kill her and she was prevented from travelling abroad for one.

10. OP
    OP
    Welsh dragon

It looks like the vote won't be as close as some first thought. The yes vote will be a clear winner from the indications so far. Women have travelled from all over to vote.

11. Highlander

What, your discussing genocide for your convenience, and its me that's looking for a reaction?

You can feel sorry for me as much as you like, I'm horrified by your lack of humanity, and your acceptance of butchery, again!

Please reply to my question, seeing your so sure of your stance!
    What!
    Previously when I have highlighted pedophile tendencies of priests and MPs and children looking for justice, you weren't interested in even reading or viewing the video....now to justify the murder of children, your interested in a fact to justify your argument, your hypocrisy knows no bounds!

Ooh, believe me, child welfare is very close to MY HEART, I empathise with women who find themselves pregnant but using abortion as a contraceptive method of convenience, is butchery, regardless of YOUR misty eyed hypocrisy! It's the murder of a viable human being! But I suppose you might think the profits that can be made of aborted babies selling body parts is acceptable for the cosmetic industry....you still haven't stated!
    They, doctors can even support a child out of the womb, at 28 weeks, yet doctors can still butcher children up to 34 weeks gestation. Call it for what it is, murder.

12. OP
    OP
    Welsh dragon

It wasn't that i wasn't interested in what you had to say about peadohphiles, it was the way you had of saying it. Talking about random subjects that had nothing to do with the actual subject. Note that what i said above was short, succinct and to the point. I didn't ramble on and talk about 5 other subjects all at the same time which ended with your posts not making any sense at all.

And as for humanity, where is your humanity towards women whose very lives might be lost if they continue with a pregnancy.

13. Highlander

Just for interests sake, did you know, the Irish Family Planning Association is financially sponsored in part by George Soros, that well know butcher and mass murderer, so instead of historically, Irish men and women and children being murdered by English political policies, and starvation, they have now allowed the eugenics society a Bill Gates family tradition, to do it in there behalf!

14. Highlander

Please, you clearly stated, you weren't interested, check back ....... oooh you can't, that's right, Andy deleted the post!
    As for your point, talking about random subjects, everything is a circle, talking about the eugenics society is pertinent, talking about George Soros is pertinent to the argument, as these vermin and previous family members have tried to corrupt society and people like you help them. Yet understand nothing of the repercussion, to society.
    Just how low are you prepared to go? What's sacrosanct to you, what's left, that you are prepared to defend....let me tell you...... nothing! Read your own words!

15. OP
    OP
    Welsh dragon

There you go, off on another tangent talking about subjects from the past instesd of answering my question. Do you think a pregnancy should continue even if the mothers life is at stake?

As for endng a pregnancy, no woman makes the decission to abort her baby lightly. It is probably the most difficult decission anyone will ever make.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice