The same username or a new one?

Discussion in 'The Tearoom' started by Pale Rider, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Active Member Staff Member

Most members on here will have come across from CycleChat, which begs the question of whether to use the same username or a new one.

I've elected to go with the same one.

Establishing a new persona - which inevitably would be the same as Pale Rider - seemed pointless to me.

What's your naming policy?

Although I suppose if you are going for a fresh start, you won't want to post about it on here.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  2. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

Hi Pale rider. Like you i decided on sticking with the name that i am known by on CC. I cannot see the point of changing it.

pubrunner, Speicher and Pale Rider like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Pale Rider

Nice to hear from a familiar 'face', and using the same name will help this forum catch on.

Which I hope it does, not least because some want to see it fail and I'm inevitably drawn to the underdog.

Ashness and Welsh dragon like this.
  4. Speicher

Speicher Member

I decided to keep my user name, but I might change my avatar.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  5. Welsh dragon

It will be interesting to see if any of the members of CC who are complaining at the moment and throwing tamtrums, and flouncing will end up joining. I suspect some of them will not want to keep the same names, as they would end up with egg on their faces after their performances on CC.

6. OP
    OP
    Pale Rider

Agreed.

It's certainly a time to keep your powder dry and not make any bold statements you may come to regret.

Like you, I've registered here and will see how it goes.

I might become an active member, or I might not post at all after this initial flurry.

That decision can only be taken after I've seen how this place works out.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  7. Ashness

Ashness Guest

Sonic budgie, maybe?

Welsh dragon likes this.
  8. Baron Vlad Harkonenn

Baron Vlad Harkonenn Regular Member

I've gone commando but it won't be easy to guess who I am;
    • I don't moan, much.
    • I'm not part of the clique
    • I voted leave
    • I am neither right or left wing but often incorrectly get labelled far right, well by the clique anyway.
    Looking forward to some good debate and discussion and hopefully those who are offended by a goose saying boo will have any challenges against them not censored and removed.

pubrunner likes this.
  9. Jezza

Jezza Regular Member

IMG_4639.JPG
    I was, justifiably; drummed out of the old Politics zone on CC after one written, and perfectly reasonable; warning.
    The phrase..
    "Don't let the door bang your erse on the way out."
    ... springs to mind.
    Shall attempt to be more circumspect on here, hopefully.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  10. OP
    OP
    Pale Rider

@Welsh dragon - not the dreaded flashing avatar, please, I take back all the horrible things I ever said about you.

Ashness likes this.
  11. Welsh dragon

:laugh:. It wasn't flashing when i looked at it. I was just experimenting......and this one is errrr wrong. Hold on a tick. :okay:

Jezza, Pale Rider and Ashness like this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Pale Rider

It ought to be simple enough to use the CC one.

Not that I'm the man to tell you how to do that.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  13. Sonic Budgie

Sonic Budgie Active Member

Because I'm not over here accusing people over there of throwing tantrums, flouncing and acting like kids I must be one of the people that you and others are saying is acting like that?

14. Ashness

Ashness Guest

No, because you're over here repeating all the arguments from over there that imply/appear to be wishing for CC to fail because Shaun has decided to separate the politics forum from the rest of it.

classic33 likes this.
  15. Welsh dragon

Some people on CC have made a lets call it a knee jerk hasty response to the new forum and the implications of what it will mean to CC before the ink has even dried. Instead of seeing only problems, why not be positive and give it a go first. We might all be pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice