The Trump Presidency

Discussion in 'Society, Culture and Politics' started by PD, Nov 8, 2017.

1. PD

PD Retired

A year in ... how's Trump doing?

2. Jezza

Jezza Regular Member

Pretty well.
    Trump's approval ratings are up substantially at home and his Asia tour was a great success.
    China is all over his grandaughter singing in Mandarin on their Youtube.
    Trump's a player, he knows people.
    Reagan was similar.

3. Sonic Budgie

Sonic Budgie Active Member

Yeah, he's great. I mean he's retweeting Jayda Fransen now and why not, I know she's a little bit racist, but who's perfect huh?

IIP and Jezza like this.
  4. stowie

stowie Member

upload_2017-11-29_16-33-10.png

Gallup daily domestic approval ratings for Trump. It doesn't exactly look like a tremendous uptick.

Reagan was a different politician. Genial and with the ability to connect to people, but people forget he had held the governorship of California before becoming President and had shown his political shrewdness during his support for the Goldwater campaign previously. The only real similarity with Trump was that both of them were in "showbusiness" before politics.

Jezza, Bromptonaut and Sonic Budgie like this.
  5. Jezza

Jezza Regular Member

You just wouldn't would you?
    I mean.. Jayda Fransen... everybody here and over in the USA knew just who she was before President Trump boosted her on Twitter.
    NOT
    :sad:

6. Sonic Budgie

We appear to be in agreement when it comes to far right groups.
    Have you changed your opinion? Do you think he's got this one wrong or is he just appealing to his demographic?

7. Jezza

Jezza Regular Member

My view on President Trump hasn't changed.
    He's Prez and he won fair and square.
    All respect for that, people who wanted him voted for him, he won; and and that's democracy.
    Where I get off the bus with Mr Trump is that element of unstatesmanlike behaviour.
    Silly Tweets for one and who could forgive him that bleddy awful 'local' shirt that he wore in the Phillipines recently?
    Imagine our own dear Duke of Edinburgh donning Maori kit to visit New Zealand!
    I think NOT.

8. Sonic Budgie

Nothing happening in the good old US today that was deemed worthy of posting in the Trump thread? It's a pity in some respects though, juice stories about dodgy deals and US presidents might make for some interesting opinions and chat. Let's hope he farks one of his interns, might get some life in the thread then.

9. Big Andy

Big Andy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I've only just seen the news, had a very busy day at work today. Trump really is an odious character isn't he. How the Democrats managed to select someone to go up against him and lose is a real mystery. I wonder if this issue with Flynn lying and alledged collusion with Russian meddling will end up bringing Trump down? Surely it must if they get proof of the collusion.

10. Nazz

Nazz Member

Expected to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel later today, he's a rascal that one.

11. IIP

IIP Guest

at times decisions made by world leaders seems baffling, in my opinion its all down to leaving a legacy in history, they want to be remember in the chronicles of time, at times it seems this mark in history is more important than making the right or sensible choice, decision, action.

12. Baron Vlad Harkonenn

Baron Vlad Harkonenn Regular Member

I think it has been for about 3,000 years, that is about 1,600 years before islam even existed.

13. Baron Vlad Harkonenn

Baron Vlad Harkonenn Regular Member

Oh the irony.

Last week Trump was being castigated for warning May about islamist terrorism in the UK and not to worry about him.

This week a plot was foiled to kill the prime minister.

I went through a period of thinking he was ok, then a period of really not liking him but I've changed my mind again and think he is spot on and has an alarming ability to be correct but continues to be castigated because he can sometimes be politically un-correct. That is a good thing.

14. Nazz

Nazz Member

Well, he certainly doesn't shy away from controversy.

Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc etc etc... Fleas arguing over who owns the dog they are infesting.

Baron Vlad Harkonenn likes this.
  15. Sonic Budgie

No he wasn't.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice