Thinking of changing Broadband provider.

Discussion in 'Money and Personal Finance' started by Welsh dragon, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

Hi all.

At the moment, i am paying BT £56 per month for broadband and telephone and that is not for fibre Broadband. Fibre broadband isn't available here.

Sky and Now (same company) are offering unlimited broadband, line rental and phone for £20 per month for 12 months. Bit of a differance.

Does anyone know or have any knowledge of how good or bad both are? Any help would be much appreciated. I hate being ripped off, and i think that is exactly what BT is doing

2. classic33

classic33 Well-Known Member

There's EE , owned by BT, so not entirely sure how independent they actually are. If you stay with BT, how secure is the contract?

Having bought EE, they've to get rid of either Orange or BT Infinity broadband. Too much of the market for themselves, since they were allowed to start back in the mobile side of things.

Adding, I gave up on Sky coming out to do the connection after five months of waiting. Excuse after excuse.

3. OP
    OP
    Welsh dragon

Thanks for that. So sky is rubbish. ^_^

4. classic33

Never had the chance to find out. Their customer service is lousy though.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  5. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

The mobile masts are the same masts used by every single broadband company. I.e. It's the brand, bandwidth and price you pay. The service is exactly the same, for all companies.

It's the increases during contract, which, many do not understand, they are breaking the agreement, and contract, so you can immediately cancel and get another provider.
    BT are one of the worst, from not taking standing orders, so the individual is penalised, to price increases.
    I caught BT charging a special rate, in my mother in laws house, less than £6.00 for the month in calls, yet they were charging thirty for call, a cheaper option! They told me that the house holdrer agreed when but had contacted them. I knew this to be a lie, I asked them for a copy of the phone call, as everything contractual must be taped, I got a full refund from BT, for the previous two and a half years.
    And try to get things resolved.....you need to go PUT A CALL INto the Philippines or India, and I couldnt understand a bloody word! I know, my number was sold by BT, even though my number was ex directory, they removed this facility, and was unable to sleep, coming off nightshirt, the calls wouldn't give me any peace! I had calls from India, Africa,, I had won money, my computer wasn't working properly, kitchen sales, window sales and accidents I had been in they were going to get me compensation....not to mention, reclaiming money from banks before the deadline date!
    It would require written report from me requesting Bt to get the ex directory reset, months, would pass and they couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't be removed again, I got rid of BT.
    I use giffgaff, mobile, unlimited calls, unlimited texts, unlimited roaming £20.00 a month, I have iPhone and IPad....sorted!
    I would never have a landline phone in the house ever again, thieving vermin. Most of the costs are line rental, which ever company you use! BT should be nationalised.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  6. OP
    OP
    Welsh dragon

I aggree. They are rubbish.

7. classic33

Calls to Sky cost over 75p a minute, just so you know.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Welsh dragon

Crikey. No thanks.

classic33 likes this.
  9. classic33

Found out Saturday. System shouldn't have allowed the call to go through, so I got part of the money back. I'm signed upto it(system that shouldn't have allowed the call) through Orange.

Welsh dragon likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice