TV shows, series, documentaries

Discussion in 'Arts, Entertainment, Music, TV and Books' started by IIP, Nov 18, 2017.

1. IIP

IIP Guest

Ross Kemp Behind Bars - Inside Barlinnie

Ross Kemp spent a week inside the prison, interesting enough but the piece with the sex offender seemed a bit staged, not what was said but how Kemp reacted.
    worth a watch.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    kirkdale likes this.
  2. kirkdale

kirkdale Regular Member

Louis Theroux, My Scientology Movie.

Don't think I'll be joining Big Ron's cult anytime soon.

3. OP
    OP
    IIP

IIP Guest

Punisher
    I watched the first episode of Punisher, this will be the first marvel series for me, I'd like to watch more but work takes so much of my time, well I just don't have the time...anyway I enjoyed episode 1 and I will try to watch it on my days off, I like the more darker stories so this should be right up my street.

4. OP
    OP
    IIP

IIP Guest

Peaky Blinders season 4

watched episode one, good start and looking forward to episode 2, although this surly has to be the last season, I really enjoyed seasons 1 & 2, season 3 not so much, so hopefully this will be a cracking season with a conclusion to the story.

kirkdale likes this.
  5. Sonic Budgie

Sonic Budgie Active Member

Daredevil 1&2 is very very good and highly recommended. Jessica Jones is OK, but it does drag a bit, I do like the atmosphere of it though, David Tennant is excellent. Luke Cage is pretty good, but tailed off for me towards the end, I think you'll see why. Iron Fist was a bit meh, watchable but nothing to get too excited about, Colleen is by far and away the best thing about it. Defenders is good because Daredevil is in it. I think one of the issues is that Daredevil is so good and was the first that everything else is judged by the standards it set.

pubrunner and IIP like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    IIP

IIP Guest

I'm up to episode 8 and Punisher has not disappointed, very much enjoying this.

7. Big Andy

Big Andy Well-Known Member Staff Member

Punisher is excellent, very much enjoyed the whole series, I will say no more though to prevent spoilage.

IIP likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    IIP

IIP Guest

I think I will give Daredevil a watch next and thanks for the reviews, helped a lot.

Sonic Budgie likes this.
  9. Big Andy

I started on the first epsiode of Defenders before I realised it was a follow on to Daredevil and the others so made a start on Daredevil Ep1 but fell asleep.

No reflection on the program just me being tired.

10. Sonic Budgie

I should hope not, it's very good. The baddy is fabulous!

11. OP
    OP
    IIP

IIP Guest

well I'm finished with season one of Punisher and damn the last few episodes were crazy, that was well worth the watch, Punisher is dark, moody, violent, no wonder I liked it..

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Sonic Budgie likes this.
  12. Sonic Budgie

Not finished it yet so no spoilers please!

IIP likes this.
  13. Big Andy

Have to agree completely. Almost compulsive viewing, working my way through Daredevil at the moment, at EP5, also great viewing.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    IIP likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    IIP

IIP Guest

will start with Daredevil this coming week as have a couple of days off.

15. Roger_the_Lodger

Roger_the_Lodger Regular Member

Watched season 1 last week, watched all of season 2 on Saturday night, starting season 3 tonight, going well so far

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice