What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Society, Culture and Politics' started by classic33, Mar 23, 2018.

?

What Would You Do?

1. Inform the police. Get them to stop them

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Do nothing, hoping they get home okay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other, elaborate please

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. classic33

classic33 Well-Known Member

You're leaving the pub, at night. You've had a few but someone who is adamant they'll be driving home has had more than a few. You're headed in opposite directions, and you feel you're not fit to drive.(Alternate means of getting home sorted before you went out.)

It's not the first time the person has driven home after a night out. They've even managed to hit a stationary car, with a younger driver at the wheel. Passing all the blame onto the younger driver, who'd had one or two, by their own admission.

So as per the thread title, What Would You Do?

2. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

I would like to think that i would call ths police and have him stopped but as with most things in life, not everything is black and white. It depends on few factors.

3. OP
    OP
    classic33

classic33 Well-Known Member

Such as?

4. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

What kind of person is it that you are calling the police about. There are certain people you might not want to p**s off.

5. Big Andy

Big Andy Senior Member Staff Member

Depends. If it was a good friend I would take the car keys off them and put then in a taxi. If just an acquaintance I would tell them Im calling the police if they get in the car. If i dont know them at all I would simply just call the police.

classic33 and pubrunner like this.
  6. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

I would do the right thing. I'd get a taxi, for myself, one pint in Scotland you are either on or over the limit.

But I would always do it to his/her face. I would order and pay for a taxi, I would take the keys, and if that was a problem, and they insisted on driving, I'd take out my phone and call the police infront of the person concerned. Regardless if it was a friend or acquaintance. They then have been given the choice of facts. They so far aren't in the car, and haven't broken the law.

I would rather see some one lose their licence and have it marked for twenty years than attend a funeral!

7. pubrunner

pubrunner Regular Member

I'd drag the other person back into the pub and have some more drinks; afterwards, we'd get a large kebab each and then share a taxi home.

classic33 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice