Who'll Be Voting Thursday Then?

Discussion in 'Society, Culture and Politics' started by classic33, May 1, 2018.

1. classic33

classic33 Well-Known Member

Of those able to to vote on Thursday, local election to vote in, nothing else. Who'll be "willing to make the trip to the Polling Station", putting aside that bit of time required to leave your mark alongside a name.

As an aside, do you feel the one who is seeking re-election will be re-elected?

2. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

I tend to think they are all the same. They make big promises, but deliver nothing. To me it seems that politics today is all about just scoring points over your main rival party, and nothing to do with actual politics and trying to make things/problems better.

classic33 likes this.
  3. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

The two party system, is collusion between each! There is no difference! Want a simple example, the Labour Party still isn't allowed to forward candidates in Ireland. Why! Fear of breaking the unionist vote! Divide and conquer! We had a revolutionary leader.....who offered Scotland its freedom! Can you guess who?

No, I will tell you.....Kerr Hardy, a founding member of labour!

4. OP
    OP
    classic33

classic33 Well-Known Member

That wasn't the question. It's about those who'll be making the time to go and actually leave their cross on the paper.

Could easily start another thread on promises made and whether they're kept after..

Welsh dragon likes this.
  5. Welsh dragon

Welsh dragon Senior Member Staff Member

I will not be voting.

classic33 likes this.
  6. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

An abdication of your responsibility to your self, and those you care about!

Ooh....and all those women, who spent time in jail, to give you this one and only right you have, are turning in there grave.....these were women, who paid with there freedom, to allow you, one chance to make a change!

But the Tories will be glad of your laziness, after all, they benefit from those too inconsiderate to care, and vote! In fact, they depend on people like yourself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice